Wednesday, September 12, 2018

New art news

Hey Friends,

Just a quick note to tell you about a few recent and upcoming art events. In northern Westchester, my paintings will be at North Salem's Ruth Keeler Library during September. If there is something you've been wanting to see up-close-and-personal come check it out. The library is on Route 116 along the beautiful Titicus Reservoir. (And if you time it right you can stop by Purdy's Farmer & Fish for a glass of wine on their porch.) The show will be up through September 27.

gargoyles, original oil painting, Ruth Keeler Library art show

I also have paintings at the Blanche Ames Mansion National Juried Art Exhibit in North Easton, MA. The reception is September 22, from 7-10pm and all are welcome. This exhibit is held in the mansion of artist, inventor and women's suffragist, Blanche Ames, at her historic home in Borderland State Park. Ames designed the estate herself and it's beautifully furnished as it was when the the family lived there in the 1900s. I'm honored that two of my paintings were juried into this national exhibit which runs from Sept. 18 to October 6.

Closer to home, three paintings are at the Kent Art Association Gallery in the quaint town of Kent, CT. And I'm pleased to say my interior, Come in. Peace, was awarded Best Oil Painting! This show will be up through Columbus Day, October 8th.

original oil painting, interior, entryway, peaceful room
Come in. Peace ©2018 Dorothy Lorenze
I've had a little trouble getting my website updated lately so if there is something you are interested in, please email me and I'll get back to you asap. I'm so grateful to my wonderful collectors who warm my heart with their enthusiasm and support. In fact several of recent pieces were purchased while the paint is still wet! These paintings are going to their new homes soon - once they are dry, varnished and framed!

still life
Here's Lookin' at You ©2018 DorothyLorenze
vegetable still life, oil painting
Sprouted Turnip ©2018 Dorothy Lorenze
And finally, I'd like to let you know about a landscape show for another local artist, Maggie Ryan, at the Mahopac Library. If you're interested in landscapes, be sure to check out Maggie's lovely oils and pastels this September during library hours.

Thanks for following me on my art journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!