Monday, January 13, 2014

Make it new


The New Year is still new so there is still time to get started on all those good intentions.

This past week brought a couple of new experiences for me. The first was a portrait sketching session with plein air artists who have come in from the cold to draw one another. Their rule: don't be pissed if you don't like how someone draws you. (I'm pretty sure that's a good rule for life in general)

We took turns modeling and Lisa did this sweet watercolor sketch of me. Watercolor sketch - that seems really brave.

These were 20 minute sketches, which is a far cry from the hours I usually spend on a drawing. But I finally got one I felt good about. Below is my sketch of Bernard.

So glad I went!






Thanks for stopping by,
dorothy


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!